Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I'm Marshall head coach Mark Snyder and today is going to be the longest day of my life...

No, Jack Bauer isn't crying because he had to kill one of his best friends or because terrorists set off a nuke in LA. He's distraught that the most talented running back in Marshall history (with all respects to Doug, Chris, and Ron) is forgoing his senior season to enter the NFL Draft. To my knowledge, he is the only other Herd player besides Randy Moss to ever do so. The rumors have been around for a couple weeks now, but to actually see the news on ESPN's bottom line while at the bar was the biggest buzzkill imaginable. I wish the best to Ahmad. He gave us three great seasons and was probably the most underrated running back in the country last year. He would have been a legitimate Heisman Trophy candidate at a bigger school. Ahmad will probably continue to be underrated in the NFL Draft. I can promise you he'll make the team that takes some overrated back like Antonio Pittman or Kenny Irons ahead of him really sorry. Just like when the Titans took Kevin Dyson over Moss in the '98 draft. Again, good luck to Ahmad...my biggest regret is that I won't be able to wear my green #44 jersey anymore.

No comments: